To receive Military Funeral Burial Services the deceased must have absolutely verifiable documentation confirming enlistment and condition of discharge.

A copy of the veterans DD-214 is the best proof of service.  You can get a copy of your DD-214 from the National Archives.

Do it now so you have it and make sure your loved ones know where it is.

Here is the link.  National Archive DD-214 Request